Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The things we live through

Yesterday as we were driving toward our house,  Lincoln and I noticed that there was a lot of smoke coming from the canyon just south of us.  The smoke soon became a major fire and was threatening many acres of land and many people's homes.   Thankfully for us, we live north of the fire and the wind was blowing south.   As I listened to the wind that was saving us,  I couldn't help but think of those just before or to the south of the fire.   We have had some close calls with fire since purchasing our home on this mountainside.   

My mind also took me to Maryland where we once lived.   I didn't ever worry about fire,  but we did worry about wind that toppled trees that had stood for decades and hurricanes and tropical storms and even worse the human threat of less lawful people in the area.  

Neither circumstance is fun....... but both are interesting and give you an occasional reason to be thankful for the relative peace. 

The pictures below are of the fire yesterday.   A little rain has slowed it down and hopefully stopped it.


2 comments:

  1. I was glad for the rain also. It saddens me to see so much loss of trees and greenery. I just hope no homes were lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the fires are slowing and will hopefully stop.

    ReplyDelete