Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A memory of Asher

I was thinking today about Asher and our trip to Utah. We camped at Palisades which is a reservoir. Asher was scared to death of the water. No one could get him to go out in a canoe or raft or paddle board. He simply refused.

One time I went to get on the paddle board and Asher said he wanted to go. I had totally forgotten how scared he was. He asked and I went and found his life jacket, buckled him in and then he sat behind me as I started to paddle into the water.

We got about five feet from shore and he started to get scared. Grandma, take me back! He said in a panic. I remembered!. He is scared! Why did he come with me? I reassured him and had him snuggle up next to me and wrap his arms around my waist and we kept going. He had a blast!

The first thing he said when I took him home was "I rode on a paddle boat" which was really a paddle board....... He was so excited to do something that had scared him so much. It felt great that he trusted me enough to come into the water with me. What a cutie he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment